- Lecture at the Evanston Public Library
- Wrongful Termination Due to Caring for a Sick Spouse
- What is a Reasonable Accommodation?
New Jersey now has the broadest pay equity law in the United States lexology.com/library/detail…
Have a Legal Question?
Chicago Employment Law and Litigation Attorney Practice Areas
Dedicated service to resolve numerous legal issues
Goldman & Ehrlich is an established, reputable Chicago employment law firm representing clients in Illinois and southwestern Michigan. Our attorneys have more than 45 years of combined experience serving the needs of employees and the companies that employ them. We offer personalized service: Each client meets directly with a partner attorney who manages his or her case from initial interview to resolution. We are prepared to assist new clients in all areas related to:
- Employment discrimination — Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 makes it illegal to base hiring, termination, retention, discipline, pay and benefits, and promotion decisions on certain criteria. Statewide, the Illinois Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination and is enforced by the Illinois Department of Human Rights(IDHR) in a variety of areas including employment, education, real estate transactions, credit and public accommodations. Our Chicago employment attorneys represent plaintiff employees and defendant employers in actions based upon:
- Race discrimination
- Nation of origin discrimination
- Religious discrimination
- Disability discrimination — especially violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Sexual harassment — including hostile work environment, quid pro quo and same-sex harassment
- Gender discrimination — including violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Age discrimination
- Executive compensation
- Contracts upon hiring packages — representation of employers and employees in negotiations of complex perquisites and covenants, including stock options, supplemental benefits, non-competes and relocation costs
- Severance packages — representation of employers and employees in negotiations of termination agreements
- Wrongful termination
- Retaliation — including violations of Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) whistleblower protection, actions taken to suppress workers’ rights to organize for collective bargaining purposes, and punishment for asserting any state and federally protected workers’ rights
- Breach of contract
- Federal employment — remedies for federal employment disputes for federal employees must be pursued through certain governing administrative bodies. Our Chicago employment lawyers represent federal employees at hearings before the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). We also represent federal employees in discrimination cases through the Informal and Formal EEO process within each federal agency.
- State, county and local government employment — representation at hearings before governing bodies, such as the Illinois Civil Service Commission, the Cook County Civil Service Commission, City of Chicago Human Resources Board, and other agencies for wrongful terminations and suspensions, and other personnel actions. We also handle complaints for Administrative Review of these decisions.
Contact our seasoned Chicago employment attorneys
To effectively resolve your legal issues, whether you are an employee or employer, call Goldman & Ehrlich at 312.332.6733 today or contact our Chicago office online.